Online Casino Payment Method Guide 2021
When choosing an online casino, the license is certainly important. However, it’s not the only factor you should pay attention to. Sure, you should always choose a licensed casino, but what good it would be if it doesn’t accept trusted payment methods or a great variety of games. Most casinos nowadays accept bank transfers and the Visa Mastercard combo, but there are more options out there, some of them even better than good ol’ banks.
If you want to play games for real money, you have to choose a trusted and safe payment service. Your casino account can be funded in a variety of ways. The depositing methods that you choose will have a great impact on your stay in the casino. You should look for a payment option that offers fast and effortless transfers without any fees.
In this guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about depositing and withdrawal in online casinos in 2021.
Online Casino Deposits and Withdrawals
When you play casino games online, you have to find a reputable gaming site. The license alone doesn’t is nothing if the casino doesn’t excel in other sectors. The best casinos have a long list of trusted depositing methods that you can use to fund your account with ease.
In the past, most casinos relied on bank transfers and debit/credit cards to make deposits. They used the same methods to collect their winnings. However, the industry has evolved past these online banking options. Deposits and withdrawals these days are handled by much superior methods.
Don’t get us wrong – bank transfers are still great. So are credit and debit cards. However, the former are slow, while credit and debit cards are usually tied to banks which most players don’t like. Online casino games fans in 2021 love to have more options at stake and love their freedom as well.
Many people these days don’t own a bank account or plan to open one. The good news is that there are plenty of payment methods such as e-wallets that offer this type of online banking. Skrill and Neteller are just two of the most popular options. There are plenty more e-wallets on offer, and they all come with features bank transfers will never have.
You can use these options and others to fund your casino account and play the best games. You can also withdraw money with them quickly. This is the main reason why you should carefully choose online casino payment methods. Always choose casino sites that offer a variety of methods over those who only feature one or two like PayPal casinos do.
How to Deposit in Online Casinos
When you’re ready to play for real money, you will need to make a deposit. The term means funding your casino account. It can be done with a wide range of payment methods, and usually goes through the Cashier or Payments page.
While every online casino has its own way of letting you deposit, the process goes something like this:
- Find the Cashier/Payments page from your account page
- Click on Deposit
- Choose your preferred payment method
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Enter the desired amount
- Click on Deposit to finish
Now that your casino account is funded, you’ll be able to claim bonuses and play your favorite online casino games. Most depositing methods nowadays are free of charge and very easy to use. You can use them on both desktop and mobile devices. Choose to play on the go and you have a vast selection of online banking options that will help you make deposits with a flick of your finger.
How to Withdraw Money from Casino Sites
Withdrawing (collecting) winnings from casino sites is not harder than making a deposit. In most cases, players will only be able to withdraw using depositing methods. The Visa Mastercard combo is a common option for withdrawals, but e-wallets are faster. On the other hand, they might have lower deposit/withdrawal limits.
The online gambling industry is evolving fast. Online casinos these days are always interested in finding new payment methods. Cryptocurrencies are a very popular choice these days, although Skrill and Neteller remain kings of the online casino space.
The Best Online Payments Available in 2021 Online Casinos
When choosing a banking method to use in online casinos, you should definitely rely on one that suits your wants and needs. There are plenty of options, so it’s just a matter of finding the right pick. What you need to consider are the deposit and withdrawal limits, fees, and if your preferred option is available for withdrawals too.
The online gambling industry accepts a wide range of payment service options, and it’s up to you to choose the right one.
Bank transfers have been the most popular payment option in online casinos in the past. They remain popular to this day, although the slower transfers make them a difficult choice. However, they offer unmatched security, which is why some players choose them.
There are plenty of different online banking methods you can use these days.
- Wire transfer: the simplest option of them all. The majority of online casinos nowadays accept wire transfers. The main advantage of this option is that it has the highest limits, so it’s suitable for high rollers. There are usually fees attached to wire transfers, and they can be a bit slow depending on the bank.
- Instadebit: a popular online banking method accepted by most casino sites in Canada. It’s a secure, bank-based payment method that’s only available to Canadian players.
- iDeal: iDeal is commonly used by Dutch players. It works similarly to Instadebit and promises quick and safe deposits.
- eCheck: eCheck is an online banking option used for deposits. It isn’t available for withdrawals, but is a smart and easy way to fund your casino account.
- Trustly: Trustly is quickly becoming a favorite around the world. It will be linked to your bank account for fast, safe, and effortless transfers in any online casino. Many no-account casinos only accept Trustly. That’s something players who want to stay anonymous will surely appreciate.
Credit and Debit Cards
There’s rarely a more popular option for depositing and withdrawals in online casinos in 2021 than credit and debit cards. They are very convenient to use and nearly all of us have at least one. If you’ve ever used a credit or debit card at an online merchant, chances are you know what to do when you play in online casinos.
The two most common options are Visa Mastercard. However, there are other cards you can also use depending on the jurisdiction the casino covers.
- Visa: Visa is probably the best-known credit/debit card in the world. It has partnered with thousands of banks and you’ll rarely find people who don’t have one. The card is enabled for electronic payments and can be easily used in online casinos. That is, if your country and bank allow it.
- Maestro: Maestro is a brand of credit and debit cards issued by Mastercard. The debit cards are obtained from associate banks. Prepaid Maestro cards don’t need a bank account. While not accepted at all casino sites, it’s still a pretty common and safe deposit method that can be funded with real money.
- Mastercard: the most popular credit card in the world. Mastercard is a brand on its own, and is usually accepted at casino sites together with Visa. Both online casino payment methods are pretty popular too, giving players a chance to make effortless, fee-free, and quick deposits and withdrawals.
- Amex (American Express): Amex is one of the oldest payment service companies in the USA. American Express offers world-class charge and credit cards. This payment is commonly used in US online casinos and can seldom be found anywhere else.
E-wallets are a newer payment service compared to credit and debit cards, but the most popular way to fund a casino account. They offer the security and safety of credit/debit cards with speed that transcends them. Plus, many of these cards don’t require a bank account, and that’s something players love.
- Skrill and Neteller: both owned by the Paysafe Group, Skrill and Neteller have established themselves as the leading payment method in the online gambling industry. They have lightning-fast deposit and withdrawal times and are very easy to use. At the same time, they have reasonable limits, making them a perfect choice for most players. Keep in mind that these options are rarely available for bonuses and free spins. If you’re not planning on claiming one, they might be what you need.
- ecoPayz: ecoPayz is a common e-wallet accepted by the biggest online casinos. It’s a popular company that’s been around for over 20 years and comes with speedy deposits and withdrawals that are 100% safe and secure.
- PayPal: PayPal is probably the biggest e-wallet on the market. PayPal casinos are often held in high regard, since the company isn’t willing to work with unlicensed casino sites. Choose a casino with PayPal and you can rest assured that you’re playing at a reputable site.
Why use your credit or debit card when you can buy plastic with pre-determined cash amounts? Prepaid vouchers are a great one-and-done choice for players who don’t want their personal details shared online. Simply buy a voucher with a pre-determined amount of money and spend it the way you want in online casinos.
Due to the nature of these cards, they can only be used for deposits.
- Paysafecard: the world’s leading prepaid voucher was launched by the parent group of Neteller and Skrill. Paysafecard can be bought in different amounts – you can get a card worth $10 or $100. No need to spend it all at casino sites. They are valid for a longer period, so you can deposit as much as you like as long as it covers the casino’s minimum deposit limit. Your safety is guaranteed with a special 16-digit PIN number that must be entered before you make a deposit.
- Entropay: Entropay is one of the most popular depositing methods in 2021. It works similarly to Paysafecard and is a great option for players who aren’t willing to share their personal details with casino sites.
Many casinos in 2021 have chosen to jump on the crypto hype train. And rightfully so. Cryptocurrencies have features no other payment service offers. First and foremost, they are fully anonymous, and second, they are perfectly safe and secure. At the same time, they have unbeatable speeds for both depositing and withdrawal.
- Bitcoin: Bitcoin is by far the most popular crypto on the online gambling market. It’s the premier cryptocurrency that rules them all, and a popular choice online as well. The blockchain is a safe and secure way to make transactions and Bitcoin’s speed can’t be matched by no other – not even e-wallets.
- Ethereum: the crypto market’s second-biggest option is a popular choice in online casinos as well. It guarantees safe transfers over the secure ETH network, and even faster speeds than Bitcoin.
- Litecoin: Litecoin is an open-source project and a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency. Released as an early Bitcoin spinoff. Technically, it’s pretty similar to Bitcoin and usually accepted at BTC casinos.
- Dogecoin: what started as a joke cryptocurrency grew to one of the most popular ones. Dogecoin may not be as big as ETH or BTC, but it’s still accepted at numerous online gambling sites.